Are you searching for the best clay shooting jacket for yourself and don’t know how to go about your purchase? If yes, then don’t go anywhere else because I will give you the complete know-how of the best jackets I’ve tried for trap and skeet shooting.
10 Best Clay Shooting Jackets for Cold Weather
1. Musto Mens Corsica II Jacket
I used this jacket during rainy weather, and its waterproof material kept me safe even when the jacket was wet on the outside. The jacket’s fleece lining trapped heat and kept my body warm. Its adjustable hem, cuffs, and waist easily fit my body.
The best thing I observed in this jacket was that it allows unrestricted movement during trapshooting, with the underarms and sleeves freely articulating. I found it extremely lightweight, durable, and warm compared to other waterproof jackets. The removable hood is also pretty convenient and poses no difficulty in adjusting the gun on the shoulders.
- Mens jacket.
- Waterproof, breathable jacket with a fleece lining.
- Sleeve and underarm articulation providing unrestricted movement.
- Adjustable hem, waist and cuffs.
- Internal pocket with headphones exit point.
2. Orvis Upland Hunting Softshell Jacket
This durable softshell jacket is an excellent pick for unrestricted motion during clay shooting. Its complete exhaust system helped me get rid of moisture, which is why I like the jacket’s material. The fluffy filling kept me warm during harsh windy weather.
The jacket worked best for me in temperatures between 20 °F and 50 °F, making it suitable for trap and skeet shooting. I found this jacket to be the most lightweight and comfortable compared to other softshell jackets. It put no extra weight on my body and gave me a stylish, trendy look.
- We improved our bestelling softshell jacket
- It delivers the perfect combination of moisture management, briar protection, breathability, and mobility
- Twice as durable and more breathable
- Designed specifically for unrestricted shooting motion
3. Orvis ToughShell Waterproof Upland Jacket
I found this jacket suitable for trap & clay shooting during windy winters. Its double-layered interior protected me from cold weather and thorns, making it my favorite. The tough outer shell is made of nylon fabric and provides proper protection to my body. I found the jacket’s flexible design unique because this feature typically lacks in nylon jackets.
This exceptional jacket allowed me to carry my gun easily. I could also stretch my body effortlessly because the jacket offers optimized mobility and abrasion resistance. The magnetic closure on the pockets held my accessories. I also love that it can be laid flat when not in use.
- Rugged ToughShell performance fabric protects you from briars and thorns
- Windproof and waterproof material stands up to the worst conditions
- Jacket is breathable and lightweight, so you stay dry during heavy exertion
- Stretch fabric and articulated elbows allow freedom of movement
- Clean design accommodates vest underneath …
4. Barbour Men’s Aurore Waterproof Hooded Jacket
This jacket is best for shooting in areas with freezing temperatures. It offered me premium protection against cold winds and rain because of the polyamide lining and polyester fill. Moreover, the military-designed pockets give it a stylish finish and warm my hands.
This jacket is a top pick among for a trap and skeet shooting lover like me because it provides flexible mobility. I liked it the most due to its button closure that made it easy to wear. The jacket’s overall length covered my upper body perfectly, and its fleece lining made it suitable for me in clay shooting competitions during winters.
5. Walker & Hawkes – Men’s Derby Tweed Shooting Hunting Country Jacket
This jacket’s Teflon-protected fabric made it tear-resistant and allowed me to shoot without any worries. The heavy-duty zipper closure made it easy to wear and perfect for shooting in remote and cold areas. Its quality was unfindable for me in other polyester shooting jackets.
This waterproof jacket kept my body warm even in wet winters. Its breathable fabric saved me from the trouble of sweat accumulation at my underarms. This jacket is a must-buy for a serious clay shooter.
6. Wild Hare Shooting Gear Hydro-Elite Waterproof Shooting Jacket
This vented jacket is one of my favorites, and I used it for many clay shooting events. It is made from authentic leather, and the whole jacket, including the hood, is waterproof. The fleece lining, especially from the collar, prevented interference while I mounted the gun. I found the jacket to be lightweight and its alpine fabric durable.
The jacket’s large shoulder span and adjustable cuffs allowed me to move my body freely while firing. It kept my body warm during winter and rain because it is windproof and waterproof. When it comes to clay shooting jackets, I will surely recommend this one because it is comfortable and classy.
- eVent DV Alpine 100% Waterproof breathable membrane with Direct Venting technology
- Genuine Leather Pad and Trim
- Waterproof hood rolls into collar
- Vented back and pit zips to keep you cool
- Low profile fleece lined collar won’t interfere with gun mount
7. Harkila Metso Active Fleece Jacket
Despite not being very fond of hooded jackets, this outstanding jacket was not less than ideal for me. Its fleece lining keeps the body warm. Moreover, the elastic cuffs made shooting easy for me and did not cause any hindrance. I recommend this jacket to people who want to enjoy skeet shooting comfortably.
This jacket’s wool exterior makes it best for shooting adventures in extreme, freezing temperatures. Its plain and broad shoulders offered me a flexible shooting experience and led me to victory in the tournament.
8. NICA Design7 Shooting Jacket
I found this multilayered jacket perfect for professional skeet shooting because it is equipped with leather shooting pads. Its shell pockets provided me with recoil protection, and their fleece lining kept my hands warm.
The jacket’s rib-knit collar prevented interference with the gun mount. Also, rib knit cuffs gave me easy access to the pant pockets. My favorite bit is that this jacket is easily washable.
- Insulated, highly water resistant Leather ambidextrous shooting pads with interior pockets for your choice of recoil protection Leather topped double bellowed shell pockets with snap at the outside corner
- Fleece lined hand warmer pockets behind shell pockets. Zippered Chest Security Pockets
- Interior Security Pocket Bi-Swing back for ease of movement Nylon shell with nylon lining …
9. TheSupplyRoom Nylon Shooting Jacket
Out of the many nylon jackets I tried, I found this one to be the most durable. It has a classy design, and the collars didn’t interfere with the gun mount. The jacket is water-resistant, and its non-slip elbow and shoulder padding ensured that I could shoot comfortably.
The straps allowed me to adjust the jacket easily on the body. An adjustable shoulder sling holder provided me with space for mounting guns. Also, the jacket’s rear backside pockets conveniently held my accessories.
- Water-resistant nylon
- Non-slip pads on shoulder, elbows, and side
- Adjustable should sling holder
- Large front pocket for ammo holder
- Rear backside pockets for extra storage
10. Beretta Men’s Wingbeat Insulator Hunting Jacket
This jacket is perfect for shooting in winter. It provided me with freedom of movement and wind resistance. I found it very breathable, as the sweat evaporated before accumulating at the underarms.
The jacket has chest pockets, a light neoprene cuff, and elastic abrasion in the arms and shoulders, making it an all-in-one purchase for a frequent shooter like me. It is the most affordable jacket on the list, and the quality was satisfactory.
- WATERFOWL HUNTING JACKET - The Wingbeat Insulator Jacket is designed for waterfowl hunters where durable gear and protections from the elements is key
- WINDPROOF JACKET - This jacket is made with Gore-Tex Infinium Wind Stopper meaning its 100% windproof, water resistant and breathable; it is extremely breathable allowing water to evaporate …
What to Consider When Choosing a Shooting Jacket?
Flexibility is the topmost factor you should look out for when choosing a skeet or clay shooting jacket. It should not restrict free movement and pose any hindrance while shooting. Jackets with wide shoulders are perfect for this purpose.
You should also keep an eye out for the optimal material while choosing the jacket because the nature of the fabric determines the level of warmth. Lastly, any storage space, such as pockets, for shells and gears makes the jacket ideal. Find more tips on what to wear for clay shooting here.